Conference presentations from EMN Ireland's conference on 'Labour Market, the Crisis and Migration', Nov 2010
Date Published: 25-11-2010
EMN Ireland's research conference 'Labour Market, the Crisis and Migration'
19 November 2010, 10:00 - 13:00, The Convention Centre, Dublin
The conference focused on the labour market and migration in both the Irish and European context. Selected national and comparative EU findings of the European Migration Network ‘Satisfying Labour Demand Through Migration’ report were presented. See conference programme
Labour Market, the Crisis and Migration
- ‘The Impact of Ireland’s Recession on the Labour Market Outcomes of its Immigrants’: Alan Barrett and Elish Kelly, ESRI
- ‘Shadows of the Boom: Migration and the Crisis’: James Wickham, Trinity College Dublin
- ‘The Crisis and Its Impact on Migrant Employment and Movements’: Jean-Christophe Dumont, OECD
Labour Market, the Crisis and Migration: The European Context - presentations based on the EMN Research Study 'Satisfying Labour Demand Through Migration'
- ‘Satisfying Labour Demand through Migration in the European Union – a Preliminary Comparative Analysis’: Emilie Balbirnie, GHK, EMN Service Provider
- ‘Labour Migration in Ireland: Overview of Trends and Policy Changes in the Current Economic Context’: Emma Quinn, ESRI
- ‘Managing Labour Immigration in Spain’: Paloma Iznaola Bravo, Directorate General for Immigration, Ministry of Labour and Immigration